I wanted to start including some care and cleaning sheets when I ship my polymer clay jewelry orders, because there are some differences from other types of jewelry that some people might not be aware of.
Most of what I found came from the websites and blogs of other artists, which I will link below. Here’s what I pieced together so far – let me know if it sounds helpful as a buyer, or if you have any other tips as a seller!
1. Use regular jewelry cleaner on the metal parts, but only soap and water or light buffing on the clay parts
2. Keep away from solvents – cleaners, hairspray, nail polish, etc
3. Keep out of heat and extended periods of direct sunlight
4. The clay is strong but can be scratched or broken – be careful not to drop delicate pieces or place in pockets or purses
5. Store your pieces away from high humidity to keep metal from tarnishing
6. Not recommended for wear during sleep, showering, or swimming
7. Please keep pieces away from small children for their safety